Alternative Daydreams

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

books everywhere

i have recently started borrowing books from the city library at flinders lane instead of buying them. i am fascinated by the large and diverse collection of books there. it has books for both young and old. it has books by tamora pierce that i have loved since highschool. and also books by laurel hamilton that i recently got to know and loved. i have even influenced a teammate to go there and borrow stuff for her kid. i do like the feeling of walking into the aisles of shelves filled with books. i am currently holding a borrowed book, danse macabre. this is the latest of the anita blake series which thankfully i did not buy as it was still on hardbound.

hehehe ok i confess that i do not have that big of a control. i swayed against my oath of not buying a book and bought the idiot's guide to drawing manga (illustrated version). but i had a 40 percent voucher so it was still a good deal. ;) i then started doodling faces of manga characters. i might show them if i get better.

****************

i have been spending so much lately because whenever my mind cruises to the dark bottomless pit of emptiness that i'm feeling, i become impractical and make myself happy by either eating delicious and yummy food or buying something i want but don't really need. i need to get a hold of myself...

1 Comments:

  • Walking around aisles and shelves of books kinda reminds of the UP Main Lib. ^_^ I remember our Cal subject days....

    ==========================

    Right now, I know there is next to nothing I can do about the feeling of emptiness that you often have. I am well aware of it and you know that it pains me to be helpless when I know I should be doing something for you.

    I hope somehow you'll be able to find ways on which to divert your mind from crossing that line of thought. Well currently you do have something ^_^ what I meant was for you to find other cheaper alternatives.....

    *hugs* I wish there's more that i can do to help....

    Love you!

    By Blogger Jon, at 9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home